Different Types of Lubricant Oils and Their Benefits

Different Types of Lubricant Oils and Their Benefits

The types of lubricants in UAE include synthetic, solid, penetrating, and lanolin. The purpose of these different types of lubricants is to reduce friction. They are a common part of industrial equipment, cooking, and bio-medical applications on humans. All lubricants contain a base oil and additives such as thickeners. The base oil is 90%, with the remaining 10% thickener.

Synthetic oils

One of the greatest benefits of synthetic lubricant oils is that they can be tailored to meet the needs of modern engines. Unlike conventional oils, synthetic oils are completely pure and provide greater protection for engine components. Engine parts are in constant contact and move at high speeds, and they can wear out if they are exposed to harsh conditions. Motor oil is the only protective material between moving parts, but fully synthetic oils are far superior to conventional oils. They can protect engines for much longer, lasting up to 250,000 miles!

Solid lubricants

As their name suggests, solid lubricants are materials placed at the interface between two moving bodies to mitigate wear and friction. In this article, we review the history of solid lubricants and review some of their most fundamental aspects. We also look at the different types of solid lubricants and their deposition methods, including simple processes like burnishing and vacuum-based ones. To understand the benefits of solid lubricants, we will discuss what makes them useful.

Penetrating lubricants

If you have a budget, penetrating lubricants are an excellent choice. Some penetrating fluids are extremely cheap, and a basic penetrating oil may cost less than AED20. However, if you want to use it in a long-term application, you’ll need to buy a higher-quality product. There are various penetrating lubricants on the market, and some of the best ones are priced at around AED0 to AED40. There are a few different types of penetrating oils, including straight oils that typically contain rust-preventive and water-repelling properties.

Lanolin lubricants

Several industrial applications have made lanolin a valuable ingredient in many products. Its slipperiness makes it a popular lubricant among sailors, and its water repellent properties are advantageous in preventing corrosion on marine fasteners. Lanolin is also used to soften baseball gloves and lubricate brass instrument tuning slides. For these reasons, it is an important ingredient in various leather products.